Medical Corporation Hiogikai (hereinafter referred to as “the Corporation”) shall comply with laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information and other norms concerning the personal information of patients and others (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”). The Corporation will establish voluntary rules and systems, and implement and maintain a personal information protection policy as follows:
- To appropriately protect personal information, the Corporation shall ensure that its employees (including officers, staff, part-timers, temporary workers, etc.) are fully aware of and adhere to this policy and continuously improve it.
- To prevent the loss, destruction, tampering, and leakage of personal information, the Corporation shall take appropriate information security measures, such as measures against unauthorized access and computer virus protection.
- The Corporation shall obtain personal information by lawful and fair means and shall not acquire it by fraudulent means. When obtaining personal information from data subjects (individuals whose personal information is collected), the Corporation shall obtain their consent or provide necessary information on its website.
- The use of personal information shall be limited to the scope of the stated purposes and shall only be used to the extent necessary for the performance of business. However, in the following cases, the Corporation may provide personal information to third parties or use it beyond the scope of the stated purposes without obtaining prior consent from the data subject:
When required by Japanese law
- When necessary to protect human life, body, or property, and obtaining consent from the data subject is difficult.
- When specifically required for the promotion of public health or the healthy development of children, and obtaining consent from patients is difficult.
- When cooperation with a government agency, local government, or their commissioned personnel is necessary for the execution of duties prescribed by law, and obtaining consent from patients would hinder the execution of such duties.
- The Corporation shall confirm that data subjects (individuals with identifiable personal data) have the right to disclose, correct, suspend use, or delete their personal information, and shall respond appropriately to such requests.
- In cases where the Corporation receives complaints regarding the handling of personal information from data subjects, it shall respond appropriately (for inquiries regarding personal information).
- When entrusting personal information to third parties for business purposes, the Corporation shall implement necessary supervision measures concerning the relevant third parties.
- When the Corporation shares personal information with specific third parties for joint use, it shall clearly state the purpose of such sharing, the personal information to be shared, the range of entities sharing the information, and the responsible party for managing such personal information, making it easily accessible to data subjects in advance.
In this policy, “personal information” refers to information that can identify patients, business partners, employees, etc. of Medical Corporation Hiogikai.
“Personal data held under this policy” refers to personal data that Medical Corporation Hiogikai has the authority to disclose, correct, add or delete content, suspend use, delete, or stop providing to third parties (personal information that constitutes a database that can easily search specific personal information). However, this excludes cases defined by law as being harmful to public interest or other interests by revealing the existence of such data or cases where data must be deleted within six months.
January 1, 2022
Chairperson of Medical Corporation Hiogikai